Drumzy School of Music, Rhythm & Dance
BEGINNERS & INTERMEDIATES
This is a course that will be specially tailor-made for you. Your drumming will be assessed and analysed and together, we will establish the best course for you to follow. In this course, you will learn to play various Egyptian Percussion instruments to your next level of playing following Hossam Ramzy’s world renowned drumming techniques.
IN THIS COURSE YOU WILL BE LEARNING
- To play the following instruments: Egyptian Tabla, Duff, Req, Mazhar & Sagat / Toura (finger cymbals) as a general subject, but your concentration will be on only one of them. The choice of which one will be your main instrument is yours.
- You will learn how to read basic music notation for drumming.
- All the Egyptian Dance Rhythms, their roots and how they relate to each other.
- Other Middle Eastern Rhythms and their relationship to our dance rhythms.
- Various styles of Egyptian drumming: CLASSICAL, FOLKLORE & BALADI.
- An introduction to the Art of Drum Solos and the Art of Drumming for a Dancer
THE COURSE FORMAT
The course will consist of 12 x 2 hours classes in 12 months.
You will be given instruction during these one to one classes and you will be given a homework assignments to practice and drill for the following 15 days.
After this you will be expected to submit your homework on DVD or Quick Time movies by post or email to Hossam for assessment, grading, marking and feedback on your progress.
You will continue practicing for the following two weeks to work on the same homework as well as Hossam’s instructions and feedback. Then you come back for another class with Hossam until you complete your course.
This is NOT an internet course. This is live with Hossam.
The course costs £1200 (GBP)
Payable as follows: 50% ( £600 GBP ) in advance of starting the course, the rest of the fees to be paid over 12 monthly instalments of £50 each.
For more information about how to buy a place on the course, please contact us at:
RAMZY MUSIC INT. LTD. +44 (0) 1342 410800 Or write to Hossam at: